Last week, I turned 29. The birthday parties in Edinburgh and London were both awesome and surrounded by awesome friends. But at the back of my mind, I was slowly coming to terms with the fact that I’m going to be turning 30 next year.
Even though 30 is just a number I’m told – and it is – it’s still a bit of a milestone for anyone. So, I decided that I would celebrate the milestone by doing 30 things before I turned 30. The aim is to attempt to do as many of them as I can before next Sept.
This list is really a combination of things that I really want to do, things that are unusual for me, and things that will push and challenge me. I’ve posted this list here because if you have any suggestions or can help me achieve these things, then I would love to hear from you through the comments.
Its taken a week or two, but after speaking to several friends about this, I’ve finalised the list …
1. [completed – 2/9/2010]
3. Ride a motorbike
4. Go rock climbing
5. Visit New York
6. Dye my hair
7. Write a poem and perform it at an open mic night
8. Climb a Munro
9. Go to Mardi Gras in London
10. Pick mushrooms from the wild and cook it (Jamie Oliver style)
11. Ask out a stranger
12. Run a marathon
13. Take a martial arts class
14. Bike all 7 stanes
15. Extreme ironing!
16. Live by the dice for a weekend
17. Go cheese chasing
18. Play 5 mins at full back (in a real match)
19. Learn to make chinese dumplings from scratch
20. Get my palm read/Go to a psychic
21. Volunteer at a soup kitchen
22. Take a roadtrip to Europe
23. Stay up for 48 hours
24. Say no for a whole week
25. Do a mini (sprint) triathlon
26. Go sea kayaking
27. Bake something for potluck
28. Learn to make a 3 tier cake
29. Read a book that my friends wouldn’t expect me to read (and suggested by them)
30. Write a handwritten letter to a (randomly chosen) friend every month